Sunday, May 4, 2014

Project Completion, Pitfalls, and how to avoid them

Completing anything in life can always fail because of a number of excuses that we give ourselves on a daily basis. I personally think many things don't get finished for a number of reasons:

1. Fear of Failure: If you have been working on something a long time, the fear of disappointing others or even yourself are prevalent and hinder our ability to build and execute on projects quickly. Is it good enough? Will others use it?

2. Focus on core competencies: I find myself doing things that aren't immediately needed to complete a project. FOCUS on MVP (Minimum Viable Product). Why the hell am I blogging when I should be finishing iOS Academy this moment? Why am I doing CSS styling when I could be finishing the content. Build a list of priorities based on importance and do NOT jump around. Start at the top and move your way to the bottom of the list.

3. Laziness: Most people at this level do not have a problem with laziness, but I think this goes back to focusing on core competencies. I consider laziness when I efficiently do everything BUT what I should be doing in an attempt of avoiding a move difficult integral task.

Most to come, just had to get that out...

No comments:

Post a Comment