Monday, February 25, 2013

This Isn't a Sprint

I want to step away from the technicals of coding of a post to re-iterate what has been on my mind lately so I can always step back in case I get lost in present problem or next learning challenge.

This is not a sprint, it is a journey...

Over the past 5 months I have learned more than I have thought possible and I am just beginning to define the road I am walking down and see the view. I will be doing automated testing for the foreseeable future and I am exited to read, learn, and absorb as much as I can by looking at code that other experienced developers have written.

I am now at a point where I have multiple routes to achieve my goal of becoming a Software Developer over the course of 2013 and I am no longer afraid. I am no longer afraid of learning, getting stuck, fear of failure. This is because it is not a sprint and there is no end, only the path in which we walk. There will always be those that are better and those that are worse, and we will reside on the spectrum and move along it at our own will and compounded time.

This is a moment of clarity and I will have many where I doubt myself, but the days of clarity are coming more often and the days of doubt fewer. One piece of advice for myself as well as anyone that reads this is don't be afraid to take a weekend off or a break so you can breath because these are often when the biggest breakthroughs happen.

again.

This is not a sprint, it is a journey...


No comments:

Post a Comment